You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
~ Mark Twain

February 22, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to Shannon!!!

Tomorrow is Shannon's 23rd Birthday. And in the middle of all her prep work this afternoon, she actually called to see what kind of snacks she could buy so that way i won't have to worry so much about my numbers tomorrow. Yeah, she's a great sister.

So... I've officially been a diabetic for a week now. The doctors threw a curve ball Wednesday, and basically said that I have had this for a while, and that more than likely, I am a Type 1 Diabetic. This means that it is extremely likely that i will be on insulin for the rest of my life. They wondered why i had such a little reaction. What good does a big reaction do? I can't change anything. All I can do is make the changes that I have to make. For me, Scott, our child, and my family. Very simple. So, I have accepted my fate. And I am making the changes. And surprisingly enough, I learned Wednesday that I had lost 6 pounds in 4 days. Hmm....

No comments: