You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
~ Mark Twain

February 22, 2013

Blueberry, Anyone?

I keep getting all of these emails telling me at what point of development our baby is at. Most are confusing. Most everything is confusing, and here's why:

I really haven't seen a doctor yet. I mean, I went into my Dr.'s Office, peed in a cup and then was told that I wasn't pregnant, oh wait! I am pregnant. We figured out a date based on my last period and they thought I was 4 weeks along. Dilemma 1. Do you go by the last period or the dates of conception? Dilemma 2. If I'm now 6 weeks pregnant, are we looking at week 7 for the development stuff? Half the sites and apps I use are conflicting.

So, Shannon has a school nurse friend at one of her schools where she is a therapist. And this nurse had the trusty Baby Predictor Dial. (My first family doctor had one, and that's how they estimated Weston's due date in the office. It was about a week off from the ultrasound.) So, based on the average date between the possible conception dates, we have a new due date of October 15th. Dilemma 1solved until March 8th. Onto Dilemma 2 - the app on my phone keeps showing a week ahead of how far along I am. For instance, today, I am 6 weeks, 3 days, so the app keeps showing things for Week 7 - which I guess is the week I am in. A few sites are sending me Week 6 stuff. And I am confused. But I think I am going to go by the app on my phone until I know more.


That being said, today I got an email. "Welcome to Week 7" from Babyzone.com. It explained how our Great Embryolio #2 is evolving from "a tadpole, but by the end of the week it will have transformed into a tiny being that's distinctly humanoid. Its body is continuing to lengthen, the arms begin to bend at the elbows and curve around the heart, which is beating even more rhythmically now. By the end of this week the embryo's whole skeleton--made of bendable cartilage, like a shark--will be fully formed. (It will be replaced by bone soon enough.) The baby has a digestive system now, as well as kidneys, liver, heart, spleen, and even an appendix." Outstanding!
Our little Blueberry Jones

The best part? This week your baby is the size of a Blueberry. Ha! A blueberry! I love it when it's kind of a cute little comparison - anything is better than a Tadpole. :) 

Enjoy your Weekend!!! It's my SeaStar Shannon's 29th Birthday tomorrow and we have plans all day long! Some play time with the kids, a little shopping, manicure for me, pedicures for the girls (I hurt my toe and can't have a pedicure - boo!), then dinner at Ohana with the Girls and out for drinks after! So excited for some girl time!

No comments: